- Raw potatoes slices above the forehead help to reduce headaches;
- Potatoes come from Peru and they are one of the most consumed vegetables in the world. Whose cultivation has more than 7 000 years;
- United Nations proclaimed the years of 2008 as the Potato International Year;
- The worldwide culture of this tuber is approximately 300 000 000 tons per year;
- Nowadays it is known more than 3 000 varieties of potatoes;
- Potatoes have minerals salt, vitamin C and B complex vitamins;
- Raw potatoes ends stomach pain, intestinal diseases and if it is grated fights infections, insect bites and skin irritation.
- Ever since ancient times, garlic is used in the composition of many medicines;
- Garlic is beneficial to the treatment of hypertension, in the reduction of cholesterol levels, in the prevention of flu and other infectious diseases because it has an antibiotic, antiviral, anti-histamine and antifungal direct action;
- It is also beneficial in the reduction of the blood glucose levels (diabetes) and to prevent stomach and gastric cancer;
- Garlic is extremely used in homoeopathy;
- In the First World War garlic was utilised to heal injuries.
- Onion is a plant originated from the Asian continent and the biggest producer is China;
- It is beneficial to those who suffer from respiratory illness, helps in the blood circulation, lowers the blood triglycerides, it is a natural anti-inflammatory, prevent kidney problems, stomach cancer and diseases of the nervous system (like alzheimer) and cardiovascular ones;
- We usually cry while cutting an onion due to the presence of sulfenic acid.
Carrots have important and beneficial nutrients to our health, such as:
- Improves our sight, because it is rich in the vitamin that protect our eyes from cataracts;
- Protects our skin from the damages caused by the sun, due to the presence of antioxidants;
- Prevents the early formation of wrinkles, acne, dry skin and pigmentation;
- Prevents heart diseases and avoids strokes;
- Helps loosing weight for being low in calories and not containing fat;
- Fights cholesterol;
- In the summer helps getting that fabulous tan;
- Cleans teeth and mouth by fighting the bacterial plaque;
- The consumption helps reducing pulmonary cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.